Foundation to Property Adjusting: August 9–13, 2021
- Start Date/Time: 08/09/2021, 8:00 am
- End Date/Time: 08/13/2021, 5:00 pm
- Location: CNC Training Facility
- Address: 2928 McVay Dr N., Mobile, AL 36606
- Admission: $259
- Registration: Open
Students in this course will be taught how to be a property claim adjuster. You’ll learn how to read and interpret an insurance policy, customer experience tips, property damage scoping, file documentation, and how to write professional estimates using Xactimate’s best practices. This course helps to build a solid foundation for an adjuster’s first deployment.
Course Requirements for Classroom Setting
Students of this course should meet the following criteria before attending the class located at CNC Catastrophe & National Claims campus in Mobile, AL.
- You must have your home state adjuster’s license to sign up for the class
- Personal laptop with Xactimate is optional. Xactimate-installed computers will be provided to all students.
- Basic computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Windows
- Knowledge of the adjuster profession and basic understanding of damage identification and building components
- Students will need to arrange their own lodging accommodations if they are attending from out of town
What to Expect
The class begins promptly at 8:00 AM CST and will end at 5:00 PM CST. There will be two 15-minute breaks and a one-hour lunch. Students will be provided with optional homework assignments if students have access to a computer at home. You’ll get individualized instruction from a Xactimate Affiliated Trainer, David James, and an increase in CNC points.
Students of this course will be taught:
- How to read and interpret an insurance policy
- Contacting the customer and customer care tips
- Scoping the loss
- Proper file documentation
- Writing scenario-based estimates using the Xactimate program (Wind/Hail damaged roofs, tree on fence estimating, elevation repairs, and interior water damage) *Some classes will include flood losses
- Xactimate estimate setup (Adding coverages, deductible, price list selection, depreciation, and overhead and profit)
- Sketching roofs and interior floor plans in Xactimate (will include tools needed for complex roofs and interior sketches)
- Line item entry (use of macros and templates)
- Xactimate Claim wrap up and reporting
- Settling the claim with the insured
Registration ends 48 hours before the first day of class
Register by visiting https://www.learnatcnc.com/online-courses/ and selecting this class.